Luther, one of the largest and most dynamic law firms and corporate services provider in Yangon, is looking for a talented person to join our team. We are recruiting an Assistant to the Head of Accounting &Payroll services to help us run and grow our Yangon office and its more than 400 clients. We offer an exciting working environment in a young and international team. Salary and benefits are competitive and dependent on experience of the successful candidate.
Established in Myanmar in 2013 has grown to a team of more than 45 French, German and Myanmar lawyers, corporate secretaries, accountants and tax advisors in our office in Yangon. Luther Law Firm Ltd. and Luther Corporate Services Ltd. have the competence and expertise necessary to comprehensively assist and advise our clients on all aspects of corporate and commercial law as well as regulatory compliance.
Luther Law Firm Ltd. assists and advises our clients in legal and tax matters such as legal support of international investors, structuring of market entries and the incorporation and establishment of entities due to our extensive Myanmar and international experience in our international legal team. Furthermore Luther provides the complete range of corporate secretarial services for businesses in Myanmar.
Luther Corporate Services Ltd. offers our clients all on-going support services including bookkeeping, accounting, tax compliance, payroll and payment administration.
- Support preparation of monthly and quarterly invoices for Payroll, Accounting and Tax services
- Review the statements of accounts for both Luther Corporate Services and Luther Law Firm on a biweekly basis:
1.identification of late payments
2.coordination with invoicing team
3.liaison with clients to ease payment process
- Handle general administration work related to the statements of accounts (clients' inquiries, issuing credit notes, writing-offs invoices, reconciling statements and invoices) in agreement with the head of Head of Accounting &Payroll Services.
- Respond to potential clients' requests for services (draft commercial proposal by emails)
- Prepare fee estimates for potential clients
- Follow-up and update engagement letters and
- Support general email correspondence with clients ensuring smooth communication
- Participate in selected events with clients and partners on occasion
- Review monthly accounts prepared by the client
- Ensure timely submission of Tax filing documents on client's own platform
- Support client for financial year end (including drafting Financial Statements)
- Support client in any specific request regarding accounting and tax
- Support clients with Commercial Tax registration process
- Support colleagues/tax team for following-up with tax office
- Prepare specific management reports such as Key Performance Indicators on request
- Support Management for training of staff and staff management
- Take over projects, general administration work and organization in the office as assigned
- Other task as assigned by Head of Accounting &Payroll Services
- Bachelor's degree/Diploma/Degree in Accountancy/Finance from a Business School
- At least 3 years working experience in finance area
- International work experience is an advantage
- Local Tax experience is an advantage
- Good command of English language
- Strong attention to details with the ability to multi-task
- Ability to meet deadlines in a fast-paced work environment
- Fast learner and able to work independently with minimal supervision
- A team player with good interpersonal and communication skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (in particular Excel and Word)
- Further language skills are an advantage
Interested applicants should submit or email their full resume and a recent photograph to firstname.lastname@example.org