ABOUT EUROCHAM MYANMAR
EuroCham Myanmar serves as the voice of European business in Myanmar, contributes to a better business climate in the country and promotes trade and investment relations with the EU.
EuroCham Myanmar is looking for young professionals that want to start a career in international business and want to leave our organisation with top experience portfolio with a vast international network of CEO's, diplomats and other government officials.
With a population of approximately 52 million, Myanmar keeps attracting growing interest from international investors operating in the automotive sector. In a country where car ownership is still in its infancy with seven vehicles per 1,000 residents, foreign stakeholders see a sizable untapped opportunity for business. In this context, advocacy should be understood as tool to facilitate the development of local demand for new vehicles and open the market to major investments.
Duties and responsibilities
- Leverage EuroCham’s strong network with Myanmar’s Local and Central authorities in favor of the AG members;
- Further develop relationships with Governmental counterpart both at the Union and Local levels, especially those responsible for policy matters relevant to the Automotive AG’s priorities.
- Communicate effectively and continually with Automotive AG’s members regarding ongoing Government efforts, upcoming events, status of priorities, and other information that affects the AG’s goals and interests.
- Achieve the goals set in the Automotive Position Paper (White Book 2018);
- Monitor Union and Local public policy developments and develop responses (public statement, press releases, interviews) deemed as necessary;
- Actively participate in and maximize the use of local associations, Chambers of Commerce, European diplomatic community, as well as outside consultants and advisors;
- Draft written materials for use with internal and external audiences to support Automotive AG’s agenda;
- Attend conferences, meetings, and special events as necessary to advance Automotive AG’s goals;
- Develop an overview of successful Automotive AG’s strategies, conducted by other EuroChambers in Asia;
- Other duties as assigned.
The professional advocacy consultant of the Automotive Advocacy Group needs to match specific targets during his/her contract:
- One (1) institutional meeting per month at the Union level;
- One (1) institutional meeting per month at the Local level;
- Stronger partnerships with local association (automotive, logistic) and other Committees (AMCHAM, JCCM);
- Regular media coverage on the activities of the Automotive Advocacy Group (public statement, press release, position paper, interview);
- One (1) Automotive Position Paper to include within the EuroCham Myanmar White Book;
- One (1) Automotive Advocacy Group Event/Workshop;
- Develop and implementation of the EuroCham Automotive AG’s Road and Vehicle Project;
- One (1) Advocacy Group meeting every 3 months;
- Automotive guidelines to access the market.
- Excellent command of English
- Very good knowledge of MS Office
- Undergraduate degree or previous professional and/or volunteering experience
Moreover, the successful candidate will have the following personal skills:
- Previous experience in the Advocacy is required (preferably in the Automotive sector);
- Knowledge of the automotive sector in Myanmar and its main stakeholders;
- High degree of intercultural sensitivity
- Solution-oriented thinking and hands-on mentality
- Ability to work in a team and independently
- Highly detail oriented
- Ability to handle multiple assignments and requests and prioritize accordingly
- Ability to meet assigned deadlines
Applications (CV and motivation letter) should be addressed to Mr. Filip Lauwerysen, Executive Director of EuroCham Myanmar, by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org, with email subject “EuroCham Myanmar Automotive Advocacy Group Consultant Application”. Only shortlisted candidates will be notified and invited for an interview. However, we will keep your application, should new opportunities arise.