ABOUT EUROCHAM MYANMAR
The European Chamber of Commerce in Myanmar – EuroCham Myanmar – was launched in December 2014 in Yangon through a grant contract between the European Union (EU) and a consortium composed of the French Myanmar Chamber and EUROCHAMBRES Brussels.
EuroCham serves as the voice of European business in Myanmar, contributes to a better business climate in the country and promotes trade and investment relations with the EU. The chamber has dedicated staff and premises and – for the duration of the EU grant – works under the legal authority of the French Myanmar Chamber.
EuroCham continuously offers challenging internship opportunities in all departments for EU students that are curious about the workings of EU business in frontier markets. You can expect a professional and international work environment at the interface between the European business community and the Myanmar government.
We highly encourage applications from students who can integrate the internship in their university studies. Minimum duration: 6 months.
YOUR ROLE IN THE TEAM
You will be working in the Business Development team, which has as objective to handle member relations. This means we are in close contact with our current members, but also work on new member acquisition. In addition, the business development team works to build relations with local and international organisation to support the Chamber in its advocacy efforts.
Joining our team as an intern you will be working on:
· Identifying European Businesses & Trade Support Organisations
· Engaging with International Organisations active in Myanmar
· Facilitation of meetings with international companies in Myanmar
· Keeping track of investment-related events and exhibitions in Myanmar
· Assisting the Business Development team in courtesy visits to our members
If you want to learn more about the different activities an intern will undertake, please refer to the following link to read a testimonial of our current Business Development Associate Lianne.
Our ideal candidate has an excellent command of English, very good knowledge of MS Office. Preferably, the candidate has an undergraduate degree or previous professional and/or volunteering experience.
Moreover, the successful candidate will have the following personal skills:
· High degree of intercultural sensitivity
· Solution-oriented thinking and hands-on mentality
· Ability to work in a team and independently
· Highly detail-oriented
· Ability to handle multiple assignments and requests and prioritize accordingly
· Ability to meet assigned deadlines
Only shortlisted candidates will be notified and invited for an interview. However, we would like to keep your application, should new opportunities arise.